Sharpe offers a range of machining services to clients across all industry regions. Investments in Sharpe’s machining capability has allowed us to future proof our business and keep abreast of technology and innovation being introduced to the industry.
Sharpe currently has a total of 15 manual lathes and 8 CNC modern machines for milling and turning. Sharpe offers machining in both ferrous and non-ferrous materials including machining of bar stock, forgings, castings and fabrications.
Our operators are highly trained, skilled and competent across multiple machines. By investing in state-of-the-art, efficient and modern equipment – Sharpe ensure precision machining to the highest quality whilst offering clients cost-savings in the reduced time taken to complete jobs.
Sharpe’s general machining equipment (split between Roma, Brisbane and Chinchilla facilities) includes:
- CNC Lathe with up to 368mm (14.5”) spindle bore and 3m max between centers
- Lathes with max swing 1200mm, max length 3m max between centers
- Milling machines with a max table size of 1321mm (52”) x 457mm (18”) with 517mm travels
- Horizontal boring machine
- Vertical boring machine (VTL)
- Perforating machine
- Multiple purpose built automated casing and drill pipe handling feeder machines
Typical items Sharpe manufacture for our clients are listed in the manufacturing section of our website. Sharpe specialise in machining of short-lead time equipment with the in-house capability to machine the following equipment in a timely manner:
- Repair and manufacture of flanges including stainless steel inlay on ring grooves (double studded adaptor flanges etc.)
- Drilling rig equipment and repairs typical of shafts and housings
- Custom machining of spade blinds, ring spaces, blind flanges, orifice flanges, orifice plates, pipes nipples etc.
- Bit gauges
- Custom machining of nuts, studs and bolts
- Swivel repairs