API Threading (Casing & Tubing)
Sharpe is a global service leader in the threading of OCTG (Oil Country Tubular Goods) product. Sharpe’s API certified threading capabilities include the ability to thread the following API Spec connections:
- STC (Short Thread Coupled)
- BTC (Buttress Thread Coupled)
- LTC (Long Thread Coupled)
- EUE (External Upset End)
- NUE (Non Upset End)
- LP (Line Pipe)
Sharpe’s threading capability can handle casing joints of all standard lengths; range 1 (18ft to 22ft), range 2 (27ft to 30ft) and range 3 (38ft to 45ft) while our range of CNC lathes allows us to integrally thread casing and tubing from ½” OD to 20” OD.
All casing and tubing threaded connections come with an anti-gal treatment such as manganese phosphate. Both Roma and Brisbane threading facilities have a Bucking unit for coupling and/ or connection make-up and break-out. All of Sharpe’s casing and tubing products are available perforated or slotted.
Our API 5CT certification licenses Sharpe to undertake the manufacture and repair of API threaded casing and tubing connections as well as casing and tubing accessories. For more information on our API certification, visit Quality. Sharpe also holds proprietary premium connection gauges for manufacture and repair of multiple premium threaded connections. Sharpe’s threading facilities provide API, Sharpe’ proprietary and premium threaded connections repair services for all sizes.
Sharpe supply certified casing racks to safely store and transport tubular products. Sharpe’s casing racks come with the following benefits:
- Offers improved safety and reduces risk by minimising handling of loose pipe
- Improves efficiency by offering faster loading and unloading
- The rack sizes come within ADR (Australian Dept. Roads) nominated max. width for trailer decks
- Racks are engineering certified
- Racks are stackable and reduce storage space at lay down yard and rig site
Sharpe has expertise in the threading of the below listed thread types:
- Rope Threads
- Acme/ ANSI Thread
- NPT (National Pipe Thread)
- WP (Washpipe)