TorqStopper® Torque Anchor
The Sharpe TX Series TorqStopper® torque anchor combines a robust innovative design with simplistic operation and maintenance. Designed and developed to provide a solution to tubing back-off when progressive cavity pumps (PCP) are used resulting in pumps disengaging from the tubing string and falling down the well. The TorqStopper® addresses the torque issue using a simple door mechanism that wedges the pump against the lower side of well bore casing providing maximum stability against vibration and the effects of pump torque.
The Sharpe TorqStopper® provides significant savings through reductions in downtime, operational and maintenance costs compared to similar tools. The TorqStopper® leaves a greater annular space around the tool for gas breakout providing an increase in production in many cases.
As the manufacturer Sharpe can customise the TorqStopper® design to suit our customers specific requirements, possible options include:
- Non-standard connection configurations and sizes
- A centralised version
- Incorporating a tag system
- Gauge cable recess slot
The TorqStopper® is available in all casing/tubing size and configurations. Click here to view the TorqStopper® standard running procedure.
- Simple robust design & operation
- Proven and reliable
- Superior flow/gas breakout characteristics
- Individually serialized
- The open bypass area allows for solids and coiled tubing to easily pass the tool
- Ability to be run multiple times without servicing
- Easily field serviceable
- Manufactured using high grade materials
- Range of common sizes in stock Brisbane warehouse
- Custom designs available to suit specific requirements
Shown in the below image is a TX7-3 TorqStopper® in set position within 7” casing. As seen in this end view, the amount of annular space allows efficient gas breakout and significantly reduces chances of solids bridging.