SFJ® – Sharpe Flush Joint Casing
With over 1 million metres of casing distributed to the Australian onshore drilling market, Sharpe’s SFJ ® is a proven internally/ externally flush connection proven for casing runs within vertical, horizontal and deviated wells.
SFJ ® is run within the rough and harsh environment of underground coal mining, CSG (Coal Seam Gas) and CBM (Coal Bed Methane) industries. Applications include:
- Goaf Drainage
- Wellbore Liners (CGS Application)
- SIS (Surface In-Seam)
- Tail pipe & Wash Pipe
As the OEM – Sharpe has a totally reliable supply of SFJ ®, the product is regularly stocked in sizes ranging from 4.5” to 10 3/4” OD.
Drilling accessories for SFJ ® as listed in Casing Accessories and along with Cementing Equipment are available to our customers Ex. Roma or Ex. Brisbane.
SFJ ® can be precision threaded on tubing/ casing OD from 2 7/8” to 10 3/4”. The thread has no welded joints and features a shallow taper specially designed for thin wall pipe. SFJ ® has the following features:
- Manufactured using API J55, K55 or 5LB X42 material
- 5 TPI (Threads per Inch)
- Compliant with API Spec 5-CT
- Higbee [blunt] start thread to assist with initial makeup
- SFJ’s ® tensile capacity is verified and validated by third party engineers
- SFJ ® has undergone destructive tensile testing proving its safe design, manufacture and quality wear properties as well as meeting the casing requirements as per the CSG Code Of Practice for Constructing and Abandoning Coal Seam Gas Wells and Associated Bores in Queensland (Edition 2.0)
- SFJ is frequently used for salvaging/ reclaimation of API EUE tubing where there is insufficient upset length for repair or re-cut(s) to existing thread
- SFJ ® comes pre-doped with thread protectors and racked for ease of transport.
- Available with manganese phosphating finish on all Box Connections – assisting in the retention of the thread compound to ensure proper lubrication of the mating surface during make-up, therefore preventing galling.
Click here to view SFJ ® technical engineering design properties.
Click here to view SFJ ® Running Procedure.